I have to have a chocolate chip cookie before bed almost every night. These are so easy to make and I don’t think I need them any other way.
Yields 12 large cookies
• 2 sticks of browned butter, cooled
• 1.5 cups of packed brown sugar
• 2 eggs room temp
• 2tsp vanilla extract
• 2 cups of flour
• 1 Tsp of baking soda
• 1 Tsp of sea salt or fleur de sel
• 2 cups of chopped dark chocolate bars
• Cream butter and sugar. Add in eggs and vanilla. Add dry ingredients and only mix until just incorporated. Scoop out dough with a large ice cream scoop onto a baking sheet lined with parchment. Place large pieces of chocolate on top of each cookie round
• Bake at 350 for 18 minutes or until the top is set. Chill dough over night if desired but not necessary.